The Presidency has issued the following statement announcing the removal of 20 more heads of federal parastatals and agencies.
The list adds to the six heads of agencies under the Ministry of Information and Culture that were sacked earlier today.
The President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, Muhammadu Buhari has approved the immediate disengagement of the following Chief Executive Officers of the underlisted Parastatals, Agencies and Commissions.
He has also approved that the most senior officers in the Parastatals, Agencies and Councils oversee the activities of the organizations pending the appointment of substantive Chief Executive Officers.
Read full statement below.
(1) Nigerian Television Authority (NTA)
(2) Federal Radio Corporation of Nigeria (FRCN)
(3) Voice of Nigeria (VON)
(4) News Agency of Nigeria (NAN)
(5) National Broadcasting Commission (NBC)
(6) Petroleum Technology Development Fund (PTDF)
(7) New Partnership for Africa’s Development (NEPAD)
(8) Nigeria Social Insurance Trust Fund (NSITF)
(9) Nigerian Content Development and Monitoring Board(NCDMB)
(10) Federal Mortgage Bank of Nigeria (FMBN)
(11) Tertiary Education Trust Fund (TETFund)
(12) National Information Technology Development Agency (NITDA)
(13) Petroleum Equalization Fund
(14) Nigeria Railways Corporation (NRC)
(15) Bureau of Public Procurements (BPP)
(16) Bureau of Public Enterprises (BPE)
(17) Petroleum Products Pricing Regulatory Agency (PPPRA)
(18) Standard Organization of Nigeria (SON)
(19) National Agency for Food and Drugs Administration and Control (NAFDAC)
(20) Nigeria Investment Promotion Council (NIPC)
(21) Bank of Industry (BoI)
(22) National Centre for Women Development (NCWD)
(23) National Orientation Agency (NOA)
(24) Industrial Training Fund (ITF)
(25) Nigerian Export-Import Bank
(26) National Agency for Prohibition of Traffic In Persons and Other Related Matters (NAPTIP)
Mr. President, however, thanked them for their invaluable services to the Nation and wishes them well in their future endeavours.